Thursday 29 October 2009

Made in Digbeth - by i Phone

Like many new parents, it does not take long after little ones arrival for your hobbies and creative outlets to be placed firmly in the back seat. Looking back it is now easy to see how I got out of the habit of carrying my camera with me; a passion for urban landscape photography isn’t at the forefront of your mind when you are constantly tired and carrying nappies, bottles and feeding paraphernalia instead of camera bodies and lenses.
But as many people remind me it is just a phase, and I’ve found working in Digbeth, the hub of both Birmingham’s industrial past and burgeoning creative community, has reignited my passions for urban landscape photography.
I’m still not taking my digital SLR out with me, so I rely on my camera phone for images instead. Yes, it has many limitations, but at least it means I can be creative rather than regret lost opportunities.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment